802d system help

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocherowland

AVForums Member
Reaction score
I have 802ds/htm2d with a onkyo 5509 and matching 9 ch power amp it sounded good but wanted to make it sound Great - but here is my problem, I've bought a 532H and pending 531H mark levinson power amps but they don't gel well with the onkyo pre, it works really great with a mark levinson 380s but that's a problem - there aren't any for sale and secondly it can't do surround and needs a separate dac. So I could buy a separate stereo pre but that would only fix one problem(stereo). It's taken years of upgrades to get to my final system. The current system is too bright(as the volume goes up)and is not linear ( the sound must just get bigger)but the onkyo pre pro sound is great for what they are. The levinson 380s with a 532 or ls17 (not herrd with this power amp) audio research are really great. Does anyone know of a middle ground as I could sell the onlyo pre power for hopefully +/- 30k? Half price it's original price for a marantz 8802 ( according to a lot of reviews the stereo is great) or buy a second hand stereo pre(which sounds perfect to me)wait 5 odd years and by the marantz or the flavor of the year second hand - any possitive suggestions will be gladly appreciated :help: