Help with getting audio from HDMI

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Varada_Archaryalu

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a problem and I am in need of some advice.

I have a media player that has an HDMI output. i Have a dac that has digital inputs like usb, optical and coax. i want to use the media player only for music and I want to connect it to the dac because the media players onboard dac is not very good at all.

I know there is a device that can split the HDMI signal to HDMI and digital audio like sp/dif or coax.  I have only seen these products online. does anyone know if such products are available locally. I'd rather buy it here than ship it. I tried to order such a product once and it went back to the sender. I have been to a few hifi shops in the pretoria area but there is no joy for me.

in the past i had a TV that had HDMI in and optical audio out and that went to my DAC. i have moved to another place and my TV has moved into another room for a dedicated HT setup. i have a separate room for my stereo/ mono music and there is no TV there. i don't really want to have a tv in there either. i can browse the media player on my cellular phone.

I shall be most appreciative of any advice you can give to me regarding this matter.