Introduction and looking for advice

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghost76

Reaction score
Morning guys, I'm from the Durban area and WOW...... i knew nothing (still don't know much) about sound until I went into a store to look for a "hifi", I left the store with more questions and wanted to throw away my sound bar at home for sounding so crap...  :giggle:

I was originally looking for a replacement of the sound bar because i bought a Marantz Turntable and want to get more out of it with a better "HIFI". (ps I know now that the Marantz turntable is not the best, i should have researched a bit more than just looking at price for audio equipment :walled:).

I am now currently interested in a Stereo amp with bookshelf speakers and a sub, my question is, can i run a stereo setup from a amp that is 5.1? (i really don't like having a lot of speakers around the room).

The amp i am looking at purchasing is the Denon Avr-X540Bt, i was told by the sales person that this will run two bookshelf speakers as well as a sub, can this be done with this amp?

if anyone replies can you keep it simple for me  :giggle:, i dont know much about sound terminology  :nfi:

thanks for a very informative forum and looking forward to reading more about AV.