Mac OS X upgrading

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigEd

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
The background: I bought a Mac Mini recently (my first Mac) from a mate. He didn't use it much in the 18 months he owned it. It's running Leopard 10.5.8 at the moment.

Now, I have to load Cytrix (so I can remote to my work PC) but it will only load on Snow Leopard 10.6.+. I thought, not problem....or at least, that's what I thought.

1. Tried to find it on line - a damn mission as every one is now on Lion 10.7.+. In the end I couldn't get it.

2. Then I tried to buy it locally - not a single local copy to be found. Go figure.

3. I then tried to buy it from US Apple - I gave up as I was ready to kill at this point.

4. Then a shimmer of light flickered in the old brain (I had a brain fart) and I went looking on eBay. Finally found one, won it and had it shipped here. It arrived this week.

5. When I tried to install my newly purchased Snow Leopard it just told me Can't install. No reason, no nothing. I check the specifications of the mini before I started down this path - all was within specs. Still is.

WTF ?!?!?!?!

All of a sudden I am not impressed by all this Apple hype, after I found out that its not much different to Windoze.

Get this, if I want to upgrade to Lion 10.7.+ I have to pay first $29.99 for Snow Leopard and then another $29.99 for Lion. Farkers!!!

I am not impressed. Anyone with ideas or suggestions?