One subwoofer and two preamps

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocherowland

AVForums Member
Reaction score
i would like to know how to integrate the following without changing the main components, or effecting the sound quality or spending too much money..... :thinking: The one is a AV pre with a built in cross over so crossing the mains @ 50hz and LFE 80hz connected via one RCA currently but two extra rca outputs are available or balanced connectors.
The Sub has only one RCA input and a High level input. The stereo pre has HT pass through great for the AV pre to the power amp.The subwoofer can only get the same signal with a y adapter to rca or I can connect to the sub from the power amp using the high level input but then have to set the crossover to 38Hz for eg. which i do not want to do.
Except for not using the sub for music or buying a second sub what do you guys do? The only way i thought of is to use a berenger CX2310 SUPER-X PRO 2-Way Stereo/3-Way Mono Frequency Crossover with Subwoofer Out - and take the stereo pre amp outputs  rca's conectors (the balanced are going to the power amp) to balanced into the berenger crossover back to rca into a y split to accommodate the HT pre. I do not want to use the balances outputs of the stereo pre as I'm concerned that it would interfere with the signal path(sound).